Friday, November 18, 2011

It is really hard to shop for only 2 people at a wholesale club

We got a 60 day free trial membership that we decided to activate after we lost all the food in our freezer and fridge and needed to restock. We went up there tonight because we needed a few things, and wanted to look around.

Our super romantic Friday night, right? Anyway, these stores are really funny.

I'm trying to decide on an e-reader to ask for for Christmas, and I got to play with one of them there tonight! We went through all the aisles, getting stuff here and there, not much.

We get to the food area.

Me: Do we need ketchup?

John: I think so.

Me: Do you want to get 3 big bottles of regular or 2 big bottles of organic?

John: Um....

Me: I feel like we don't need this much ketchup.

John: Me neither, it's not like we're running a burger joint.

So we walk around through the food section a little more, and we come upon the eggs. The whole reason we went up there is because we needed eggs.

Guess how many eggs we ended up getting.

Seriously guess.

Have you guess? You're probably a few dozen too low.

We got 5 DOZEN EGGS. We were afraid to put them in the trunk, so I had them in my lap on the way home.

Me: I know what we can do with all these eggs! We can practice our hibachi skills!

John: *looks at me sideways and gives me a "I can't believe you just said that" look*

Me: Really!

So now we have a lot of granola bars, a lot of eggs, and a lot of chlorox wipes and deodorant.

It's really hard to shop at these stores because there's only two of us to use all the stuff, and there's only so much ketchup 2 people who don't use a lot of ketchup in the first place can eat.

Ahh... the trials and tribulations of being an adult. At least I'm not having jellybeans and wine for dinner again.

-Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment