Sunday, March 6, 2011

How I was a productive person this weekend (and how it's not gonna last)

Hi!

I really should post on here more than once a month.

It's perpetually on my list-of-things-I-should-do-but-forget-2-seconds-later.

Anyway. So this weekend I decided I wanted to DO THINGS. I like doing things, and I don't have a lot of energy to do things after work most days (I get home and it's like.. hug the boy, lay on couch, check email/google reader/facebook/twitter/message board/job finder, watch TV for the night, bed. In that order. Especially the internet stuff. It has to be done in order.)

I wanted to go out and DO THINGS. So I got up on Saturday- actually, I didn't wake up on my own. No, SOMEONE (no names here) decided that he wasn't going to sleep the night before, and woke me up at like 8AM ranting about bacon or something. Then I had to pee, so I was up for the day (I can't fall back to sleep after that for some reason. It's a thing.) Then I made a shopping list for groceries while going through a cookbook that I got for Christmas.

Eventually we decided that we wanted burgers, and I found out there was a Ruby Tuesdays not too far from here- the same city as the mall we usually go to! Hooray. Except we didn't realize that the city was huge and it was actually twice the distance. Whatever, we got burgers. Then I wanted to check out AC Moore, and for good measures the two stores next to it. Then to the mall.

As just about everyone in the universe knows, a certain bookstore is going out of business. So we went there and got some books and I got a calendar for work and it was good. Then we went to the mall, and I got some more hair stuffs because I decided I wanted to do more with my hair than just blah (I got a new headband. I love headbands. Though maybe not as much as Rachel from Glee- I've never written a song about them! (yet)).

So then boy got an oil change. And with the oil change came a free car wash, and there they gave him this cherry smelling thing for the car. And OMG. It smells like cough syrup except a little sweeter. Kind of like sour cherry stuff except more mediciney.

So then we came home, because someone was tired (I wonder why). While he slept, I decided that I was tired of the pile of clothes in the closet that needed to be cleaned, so I started the laundry. And I separated it all. And somehow I broke one of the dryers. Usually our clothes needs more than one cycle, so I put the quarters in for round 2 and it made a loud buzzing sound and then just stopped. So yeah. All the while I have 2 loads in the washer to be dried and only one dryer to use.

Those 2 were the last 2 of the night I'm pretty sure, things started getting fuzzy because it was like 11PM at this point.

Today we finished the laundry, went to iHop for breakfast, then went to Walmart and grocery shopping. We got a shower caddy thing for the shower because there's way too much stuff and not enough space for our stuff in the shower. I also got a drying rack for the clothes, and some various toiletries. I cleaned the bathroom and put our stuff on separate sides of the sink. My side has much more stuff on it!

We also made a good dinner of chicken fried steak, potatoes au gratin, and biscuits.

Now to keep up this cleaning/being a responsible adult/motivation thing. Though chances are I'm gonna get lazy again and forget to get quarters and I'll have another 8 loads of laundry to do (I have a lot of clothes).

Maybe I'll remember to post more.

And for good measure, here's a picture of the puppy (because no one can resist the Bootzie-ness.)

No comments:

Post a Comment