Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hooray for Christmas Spirit!

The past few days have been crazy.

First of all, a couple days ago I read a post from Jenny, the Bloggess (in case you don't know, Stumbling Upon her about a year and a half ago got me into blogging) about how she will give 20 Amazon gift cards to 20 people who comment with their need for one. Some of the stories were completely heartbreaking, and the cards went really fast.

Then people started offering their own. This has become a whirlwind and I'm pretty sure Jenny has done nothing but spend the past 4 or 5 days just matching up donors with people in need. I offered up an Amazon gift card and got matched with someone. Even though I have a lot of bills right now, I'm in no way struggling the way some of these people are so I wanted to help in any way I could.

We're talking over 500 matches here. You can read all about it here. http://thebloggess.com/?p=9493

So Jenny has helped revive my Christmas spirit, especially now. I've been getting super overwhelmed by my job, and add on loans, Christmas, rent, etc and there's a lot of stress in my life.

Anyway. So yesterday I also did something that I've never done before! Jonathan and I went snow tubing. It was amazingly fun and today I hurt a bit because of it. My butt kept hitting the ground and my chest muscles hurt from trying to hold my butt up. And my tube had a hard time staying on the lift. It got disconnected halfway through one time! So after a good 2 hours of tubing, we went to get some Pho (Vietnamese soup) and then came back to our apartment, showered, relaxed for a bit, and then headed out again.

This time, Christmas shopping! I finally finished everyone on my list.

Today is the day for relaxing. I need to wrap my gifts that I got last night, and we need to clean the apartment (it's pretty bad right now).

Tell me- are you done shopping? Or have you not even started yet? Or were you one of the crazies that got up super early (or never slept) on Black Friday and got all your shopping done before December even started?

1 comment:

  1. I have some of my xmas shopping done! lol. It is hard because I won't get paid until the 24th... :x

    ReplyDelete