Thursday, December 9, 2010

Finally employed!

Haven't had much of a chance to write in awhile because I got a job!

I had the interview the day after my last blog post (I might have mentioned it in there). That was a Friday. The following Tuesday I was offered the job, to start the following Wednesday (a week and a day). They have me on a trial basis as an independent contractor for 3 months, then they will make a decision on whether or not to keep me. So Jonathan and I moved to northern MA where we live in a cute little furnished apartment for the 3 months.

Jonathan had an interview yesterday close to here too, cross your fingers that it all goes well and he gets the job, then in February we will move somewhere between our jobs. Living together is much better than having to drive so much to visit one another!

So far the job has been going well, I've been learning a lot about the way things work and I've met some really awesome people that I work with. I'm doing real engineering work too, which is awesome. Sometimes it's overwhelming, but I'm trying to take it all a day at a time.

Anyway.. tomorrow I'll be going home for a doctor's appointment and to see my puppy, she got spayed today and apparently she's not so happy about that!

-Nikki

1 comment: