Friday, August 6, 2010

New keyboard and new puppy!

Now I can blog from my desktop in total comfort! I got a beautiful backlit keyboard and let me tell you, it is sexy!

So now I can talk about my boring life.

But actually, I have an announcement! As of August 16th, we will have our very own....

PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited, can't you tell!

I mean, seriously, how can you not look at this face and say SQUEE!!!!

She's a Shih Tzu, and we're naming her Bootz (probably to be pronounced "Bootsie" like, Boot-Z, get it? we're dorks.) She's still a bit too small to leave yet, she's 7 weeks but because she was born small the breeder is holding onto her until she's 9.

And before anyone lectures me on getting a dog from a breeder, let me explain.

Allergies run rampant in my family. We have to be very careful in getting a dog as to not bother anyone's allergies, so we have to get a dog that we know the breed of, and that we know won't cause allergy problems. My mom had a Shih Tzu named Muffy so she's familiar with the breed. We looked in all sorts of Shih Tzu rescues but it's really hard to find a puppy in those.

So yeah.. she's totally adorable and we can't wait to make her ours! We got all sorts of stuff yesterday including a bed, a carrier, and some toys!

Trust me, there will be video blogs when we bring her home!

-Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment