Monday, August 9, 2010

A New Journey

A lot has been happening lately... a lot has been going on around me.

And the more I think about it, the more I realize that I have just ended a journey that I began when I was 5 years old- I am no longer a student. I am no longer a child, no longer a teenager, but I am an educated adult.

That doesn't seem to mean much to people looking at my resume, but it has taken me 17 years to get where I am today.

Now I start my life AS an educated adult. There's no more class to go to. No more parties, no more weird apartments, no more exams.

And now I have to figure out what I want to do with my education. I've been thinking a lot lately, I mean seriously, what else do I have to do but think? And I think I've decided that I want to go into alternative energy. I'm constantly thinking about efficiency, how to make things work more efficiently and the bigger picture of how my actions are affecting the environment. And alternative, or renewable energy is really hot right now. So far I haven't found any jobs, but I'm looking.

I really want to make the world better, and I think I've found a way that I can use my engineering degree to seriously help people. I'm excited about it, now I just have to find a place for me.

Maybe this discovery will give me some motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment