Saturday, February 6, 2010

Been awhile since my last update

Hi!

I told myself I'd keep up with this thing.. just got a little lazy I guess (and I feel like nobody really reads it!).

Let's see... here's a video from when we went to San Francisco a few weeks ago:



Hmmm.. what else.

Oh the project is going pretty well, had a bunch of roadblocks but I feel like I'm really starting to understand what I'm doing and where I'm going with this, but of course now we have computer problems and software problems.

We're gonna make a little video about our project too! It's very complicated and very involved, so I thought it may be easier for us to explain (especially the coordinate systems) if we filmed ourselves explaining it. Hal from the SRI Helpdesk has offered to let me use a tripod too, so we can really make this look good to submit with our report. Our project will be handed off to next year's students so our report has to be really easy to understand and thorough.

Enough about work.

So I have about 4 weeks left, which is only 19 work days and 28 days! Not a lot of time to pull everything together, but we have plenty of time for sightseeing! Tomorrow we're going to take a tour of Alcatraz in San Francisco, and we'll probably spend some time exploring the city a little bit more. There's some geeky stuff around here that I want to do, like the Tech Museum in San Jose.

I met some APO brothers last week! I went to their meeting last Sunday, and after the meeting they invited me to In n' Out burger with them and then they gave me a ride home, which was really awesome. They were from San Jose State University. I'll hopefully see them again before I leave! They don't have a meeting this week, and I contacted the Stanford chapter and they don't have a meeting this week either but I may go to Stanford's meeting next week if they have one because I want to meet them too! They invited me to one of their ceremonies yesterday but I had to work.

I think that's enough of an update for now- oh! New development- I have discovered that I really like sushi. I didn't think I liked it, I've tried some of it before but I've found stuff that I like which is pretty awesome. I've also gotten really good at using chopsticks, there are a lot of Asian restaurants around here so I'm learning!

Ok, that's enough for now- hopefully tomorrow I'll have some awesome video about Alcatraz.

-Nikki

PS- Hi to my APO chapter! I miss you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki! I really hope you get to spend time with the Stanford brothers as well. We miss you and you need to get back soon and meet the new pledge class. They're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The area of Chinatown you guys went to was on The Bachelor last week! Thought you'd get a kick out of it :P

    Also, I found who I hope to be my little. She is like my twin. You'd love her!!!

    ReplyDelete