Friday, February 19, 2010

Alcatraz

So we went to Alcatraz on 2/7.

For those of you who don't know what Alcatraz is, it's a former prison that was considered one of the most secure prisons ever. It operated for about 30 years, from the 1930s to the 1960s (I think, don't quote me- look on Wikipedia if you want to know more.)

It was really awesome. I took a lot of pictures. They're all in my Facebook photo album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2025975&id=1235100042&l=1ae7b7c814

I took a lot of video, and Youtube only allows videos that are 10 minutes long at most, so it had to be split into 2 parts. At one point I realized that it didn't make any sense to be video taping while in the audio tour because I wasn't saying anything and the camera can't hear the audio tour, so I switched to taking stills.

Can I just mention that I hate that it takes me nearly 20 minutes to upload a 6 minute video onto Youtube?





Last weekend I didn't do all that much, but I do have some video of exploring Palo Alto. I still need to upload that though, so expect another post soon.

Happy Friday!


-Nikki

PS- Leave comments here! I like them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment