Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First day at SRI!!

So a little about yesterday, and some video from yesterday too! Woot first video blog post!

Yesterday I went to eBay with the 5 people who are working there. I didn't have anything else to do, so I figured I'd see the sites. It takes like an hour and a half to get there on the light rail, (see the video- I show a map!) so we got to see a lot of different companies. We wandered around eBay for awhile, went to CVS, then headed back to Mountain View and got Vietnamese food for lunch. I successfully ate an entire meal with chopsticks for the first time ever! Usually I give up and ask for a fork.



Today was mine and Sebastian's first day at SRI. We got there, got our badges, toured around the place, met the people we will be working with, and got to go to a staff meeting. We made a schedule on our white board, had lunch with our people, got our train passes, and read a paper for 3 hours. It is a long and intense paper.

We also got to meet some cool people, especially the WPI graduates! Such as the President and CEO of SRI, Curt Carlson, and some other staff members. It was pretty excellent, just meeting people and figuring out what we're doing.

Tomorrow we get our computers, and the real work starts. There was a bit of a mix up with the Helpdesk there (they thought we weren't coming until February!)

So I'm having fun out here, it's relatively warm but still a bit chilly for my tastes (I know you people shoveling snow probably hate me for complaining that the 55 degree weather is cold!). I miss you all!

By the way, I love it when people comment on stuff, so please comment away!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like nice weather! WE are expecting SNOW on Friday... YUCK! Wish you were here!... I mean... Wish I was there!! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete